Watch this lecture:
- The Importance of Reproducible Research in High-Throughput Biology: Case Studies in Forensic Bioinformatics Oct 2010 http://videolectures.net/cancerbioinformatics2010_baggerly_irrh/
Answer the following questions about the talk:
- What does Dr. Baggerly mean by: "forensic bioinformatics?"
- Describe how the following programming errors or bad coding practices led to erroneous results as described in the talk.
- off-by-one (fencepost error)
- failure to handle header
- bad variable names
- Describe specific coding strategies that could have prevented such errors. In other words, if you were doing a code review of the researchers' scripts or programs, what specific changes would you recommend that would have prevented the errors?