- Core Modules - Modules considered to be critical to the core IGB application
- Plugins - Modules providing content which expands the functionality of the core IGB application, but which are not required for its basic operation.
- Default Plugins - Although many plugins are not required, we choose to enable many plugins by default (e.g. weblinks, bookmarks). The line between default plugins and core modules can be fuzzy since many of the functions provided by the default plugins are very important to our application, and the classification system may evolve to eliminate this category
- Optional Plugins - Plugins which are providing useful functionality, but for one reason or another has have been deemed to be an opt in feature for users (e.g. 23andMe-snp-converter, igb-command-socket)
- Development Plugins - An opt in set of potentially incomplete work or functionality not well tested and therefore not released.