IGB displays context menus when you right-click track labels or items in the data display area. These menus are called "context menus" because the menu options you'll see depend on what you clicked.
|Table of Contents|
When you right-click an annotation, you'll see a context menu with the following options:
- Select Parent selects the feature of which the right-clicked item is a part. For example, if you right-click an exon and choose Select Parent, the entire gene model is selected.
- Zoom to Selected zooms to the right-clicked item. Choosing this option is the same as double-clicking.
- View Genomic Sequence loads genomic sequence (if not already loaded) and displays it in a new Sequence Viewer window.
- Search Web opens your web browser to Web pages that have more information about the selected model.
- Get Info displays the Selection Info panel containing information relevant to your selection.
- BLASTX nr protein database searches a non-redundant protein database using a translated nucleotide query.
- BLASTP nr protein database searches a non-redundant protein database using a protein query.
When you right-click an alignment, you'll see the same options as in the preceding section plus new options specific to alignments. Context menu items for alignments include:
For more information about alignments, see Visualizing read alignments.
Right click a track label to view options and operations.
The menu you see will vary depending on the track type.
Annotation track right-click menu
- Optimize Stack Height Set stack height so that all available annotations in the currently visible region are shown.
- Set Stack Height Open a window that allows you to set the stack height.
- Hide Hide the track.
- Show Show hidden tracks.
- Collapse Compress the track so that all annotations occupy a single row.
- Customize Open the Preferences > Tracks tab window.
- Track Operations Perform operations on a track. See Annotation track operations
- Color by Score Change annotation color depending on score
- Set Range of Color by Score Configure color options.
- Save Selected Annotations as File... Saves selected annotations to a file
- Save Track As... Save all the data in the track as a file.
Short read (alignment) track right-click menu
Graph track right-click menu