IGB already supports many species and genome versions, not just the species shown on the start screen. To check whether a genome is available in IGB, click the Current Sequence tab and use the Species and Genome Version menus to look for your genome of interest.
- Select File > Open Genome from File... (or click the DNA icon in the Toolbar.)
- Select a sequence file to use as the reference genome (fasta or 2bit format).
- Enter Optional details: Enter an IGB-friendly genome version name (optional)
- Optional: Enter the species name, including genus, species and variety as appropriate (optional)
- Enter Genus name
- Enter the Species name
- Enter the Variety as appropriate (strain/cultivar/accession)
- Choose the Month of the genome release date
- Enter the Year in YYYY format.
- Click OK and wait for the genome to load.
- Open data files as usual. And to view sequence, zoom in and click Load Sequence.
Image RemovedImage Added