- Start screen with shortcuts to the latest recent releases of model organism and human genome versions for popular species
- Current Genome tab on the right
- Data Access tab on the lower part of the IGB window.
If available, reference gene models annotations for the selected genome will load from a remote IGB data source or from your local file cache if you loaded the genome previously.
IGB after selecting a genome
- Data display area with central coordinates axis and tracks
- Title bar indicating the chromosome and genome version on display
- Toolbar (new in IGB 7.0) with shortcuts offering one-click access to commonly used functions
- Selection Info box which shows information about selected annotations or data sets
- Load Data button which triggers loading of data into the viewer. See Loading data.
- Load Sequence button which loads genomic sequence bases for the region in view
- Navigation tools including zoom sliders, scrollbars, move tool, left and right scroll tools
The range box and search box shows the chromosome and genomic coordinate range currently in view. Use the range and search box to search loaded annotations by name or keyword.
Use the move tool (hand icon) move the data display field in any direction.
Use the select tool select tiems in the data display fielditems by clicking on them. Click or click-drag over items in the display to select them or or click-drag selection tool over the coordinate axis to zoom in. See Selecting Items.